August 29, 2011: SoFNN- Final Tick: Sprint Game!We at SoFNN ask: Are you ready for last-tick craziness?? Congratulations to all commanders for competing in the latest Sprint mega, a "small and tight" mega, as more than one famous commander has described it. Sprint ends tonight, so get your last moves in, but don't count your Entradashar eggs before they hatch! (Editor's note: We at SoFNN have no idea if Entradashar reproduce via eggs at all, and we're too lazy to look it up.) Good luck in the final tick to all commanders as they play 'chase the leader' or 'survive the next tick' or some version in between! We would like to ask the fundamental question of the Sprint mega at this juncture, on the cusp of the final tick: "Can you hear me now?"
Action Item: Atlas Shrugged And Intra Was Nuked!
- In the aftermath of a HW evacuation by Fieldmarshal "Busy" Bizzyguy, Hurax Wing Commander Habig smoked in for the easy HW capture this past cycle. In response to our reporter asking if it stung to lose Atlas, Bizzyguy told us: "Meh, not the surprise." At the same time, a flotilla of Megabot3's under Bizzyguy's orders hit Habig's HW, nearly wresting the control of Intranuke in an uphill battle. Lo, the power of capital ships, and a fine demonstration of why fodder, like oxygen (Editor's note: At least for aerobic species), is good.
Second Item: It Certainly Matar-s To Him!
- Commander Raven_Walker walked into Matar with a huge fleet, capturing the busily building busybodies of Matar under Captain Nobody ably in rapid battle. That conquest puts him solidly in the top 10, and leaves him with a solid force for possible final cycle moves.
Third Item: Solitar Cuts a Trough In 'Em!
- Ultimate Question could have used an ultimate answer, as surging Ectonian Commander Solitar invaded and captured Trofinem this past cycle. Solitar has won a huge number of worlds these past several cycles, and is currently second on the leaderboard, vying for first!
And now, a word from our sponsor: Anger Management and Window Treatments, Inc.- "Come check out our Drapes of Wrath special!"
Travail, UC News Reporter
August 22, 2011: Sprint Game Reaches Final StagesThe Sprint Game is two thirds of the way completed at the 14 turn mark.
It is a tight race with about 15 players within reach of the top spot.
A new Mega game will probably start about a week or so after the Sprint Game ends. We are looking at a 35 turn fixed ending game with the possibility of some modification to unit stats.
Enjoy the game!
August 4, 2011: NeverSummer Ends, Travail WinsCongratulations to Travail for winning the 40 turn NeverSummer Mega.
Kudos to Zees67, P_Schoenhoff, Breakers, 5RDrake, Zpo, Habig, ShadowbaneX, Solitar and Gimak for their top ten finishes.
The new Mega starts next week and new players may join between now and Sunday afternoon.
Have fun with it!
August 2, 2011: SoFNN- Final Tick!!!Never Summer, Turn 40! Arma-geddit-ON!!!
We're back, speeding the best of the best and the best of the worst to you since you started paying attention! Are you ready for last-tick craziness??
Action Item: And I Could See Daniel Waving Goodbye!
- Commander Left "No Soap" radio left it all on the table as he invaded Daniel this past cycle. Rising to the defense, CK "Lobster" Bisk successfully repelled the attacker by virtue of his "99 Cent and Defense Store" located on the planet. CKBisk told us: "Well, it looks like Daniel, but it might be the clouds of debris in my eyes."
Second Item: Two Commanders Explore Big Bang Theory Together!
- Any of our readers paying close attention (Editor's note: Do we have any readers paying close attention???) will have realized that the ongoing simmering hostilities between "Bot Boy" Monto and "Aesop's" Phable has resulted in an astronomical (Editor's note: Hah!) amount of space-going firepower being destroyed on both sides. One of our "Geek Squid" (Editor's note: That's not a typo, we actually have genengineered squid which are very tech savvy. We toyed with "Squid Squad" but that led to unfortunate slips of the tongue so we nixed that.) has tallied up the amount of FP lost in battles just between these two tough competitors: roughly 6000 fp destroyed, just between them alone!
Third Item: Howser Says "Get Yaw Ahss To Mars!"
- BrianTheBrave followed the advice of the Governator's alter ego, and went back to Mars- he recaptured his former HW from Cargo Cult in a deft move as the skirmish continues. Witnesses report he celebrated with a victory drink at the, er, Mars Bar.
And now, a word from our sponsor: Oklahoma Highway Karate Studio- "Learn your kicks on Rte. 66!"
Travail, UC News Reporter