April 24, 2006: Okay. We Give Up. Kilroy Is Here.

You know what they say. The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time. The last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

We have given up on making Kilroy the beta game. We have, at a reasonable estimate, two weeks worth of work to do on the remaining list of launch features. And we have learned the hard way that things add themselves to that list. Plus, we are about to move the game to a brand new server of its very own, and we'll need shakedown time after that . . . but we don't want to go another two weeks with no mega-game available.

So: Kilroy is now open for entry. The first tick will be April 28th. This will be an open game, with the economy in force, and a slightly uncertain ending date; see the game information page for details.

In other news, we think that all pages have been reskinned. If you encounter a page with the old color scheme, send a note to kira@sjgames.com.
-- Steve Jackson

TopLatest NewsAll News