October 26, 2006: Racial TweaksThe following racial tweaks have been made (for NEW games):
- Mah-Tog have had their starting setup reduced to 750 pop and 3000 ult.
- Swamp Beasts now get 10 biobombs, 8 ATO-3 crawlers (up from 6), and 500 pop (up from 400).
- Entradishar now start with 40 SSFs (up from 25).
- Giganto CPX reduced to 1000 (from 1500)
- U-90 biobomb reduced to 50 cost / 50 CPX.
October 18, 2006: RatingsBy popular request, which we agree with, the Ratings system has been changed. Everyone in Last will see a huge jump in Rating, to a number that will more accurately compare you with all players, not just with the leader. (Okay, ALMOST everyone will see a jump. The leader's rating remains 100.)
Here's the new system, based on an explanation by Joel Halpern:
At the end of each mega-game turn, your current "rating" for that game is computed. Take the number of players with scores equal to or less than your own. Multiply that by 100 and divide by the total number of players. Round up to the next whole number - except that ratings between 99 and 100 become 99. That gives the winner a rating of 100, and everyone else scores proportionately less. A player whose point score is in the middle of the pack has a rating of 50. (For the mathematically inclined, this score is very similar to, but not the same as, a percentile calculation.)