November 6, 2007: Race And Unit Changes For PalatinoPalatino, a 35-turn game using classic victory conditions, starts Monday, Nov. 12. The following changes will be in effect:
- will no longer have a Carry. Let's see if that is enough to get them back to a reasonable strength.
- will now just be called BioBombs and will be alphabetized under B.
- will no longer start with any Cargo Boosters.
- will start with 15 X-8s instead of four.
- will start with 550 population instead of 500.
Nozamawill have their starting fleet reduced to a Queen and 90 Nozama Fighters.
- will now be generally available, and enter the regular economy, on Turn 8.
- will acquire SP 80 if in the same fleet as a Nozama Queen.
- will have CPX 20 and a base price of 10.
- will have their lock reduced to 5.
- will generate 15-20 Nozama each turn they are in a base fleet, but . . .
- that is per world, regardless of the number of Queens present.