November 25, 2007: Who's The Fastest Solo Of Them All?
Congratulations to Andy6474 for finishing a 12-in-5 Solo game over the weekend, and to ONyX665 who finished one a few weeks ago. (Visit the standings page to see all the previous winners.) The 12-in-5 Solo is one of the toughest games to win, but it is doable, with some planning . . . and some luck! The reward is a nice shiny badge and 20 XP.
Can you do it?
November 16, 2007: Palatino Tick, Friday Nov. 16Tonight's Palatino tick crashed; it took me a bit over an hour to sort things out and get the backup data restored, then re-run the tick. Things should be ok for now, although this is related to a recurring storable file error some of you have reported. I'm still not sure what's going on with that, but we'll hunt it down and get it fixed. Thanks for your patience.
November 6, 2007: Race And Unit Changes For PalatinoPalatino, a 35-turn game using classic victory conditions, starts Monday, Nov. 12. The following changes will be in effect:
- will no longer have a Carry. Let's see if that is enough to get them back to a reasonable strength.
- will now just be called BioBombs and will be alphabetized under B.
- will no longer start with any Cargo Boosters.
- will start with 15 X-8s instead of four.
- will start with 550 population instead of 500.
Nozamawill have their starting fleet reduced to a Queen and 90 Nozama Fighters.
- will now be generally available, and enter the regular economy, on Turn 8.
- will acquire SP 80 if in the same fleet as a Nozama Queen.
- will have CPX 20 and a base price of 10.
- will have their lock reduced to 5.
- will generate 15-20 Nozama each turn they are in a base fleet, but . . .
- that is per world, regardless of the number of Queens present.